What is Defend Dignity all about?
The abolition of sexual exploitation in Canada
Defend Dignity acts as a catalyst for individuals and churches to end sexual exploitation in Canada. Commercial sexual exploitation includes: pornography, strip clubs, escorts, massage parlors and prostitution. All involve the selling of sexual services which undermine the dignity of women, men and children and are detrimental to a healthy society.
Defend Dignity works to end all sexual exploitation through:
- Raising awareness on the realities of all forms of sexual exploitation through events and resources.
- Aiding individuals, non-profits and faith organizations to come alongside victims and at risk youth, through resources and training.
- Advocacy for law and policy reform.
- in the inherent dignity and value of all women, men and children made in the image of God.
- prostitution is a form of sexual exploitation, oppression and violence especially against women and children and seriously undermines their dignity and value
- prostitution is detrimental to a healthy society
The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada is therefore committed to the abolition of prostitution by:
- raising awareness and public education on prostitution, sexual exploitation and sex trafficking
- advocating for stronger legal and social deterrents to eliminate both the illicit demand for and the selling of sex
- developing resources to empower our congregations to take action against prostitution, sexual exploitation and sex trafficking
Every woman in this country deserves our defense. Prostituted women and those at risk are vulnerable to exploitation. You can do something to change this. Take the next step and get involved in even one thing because…..Together we can end prostitution!