Survivor Support Fund
The next intake for the Survivor Support Fund is Fall 2020.
The fund opens to receive applications on October 1, 2020.
About the Fund
- To ensure you qualify with our criteria, please read through the Fund Policy. The link to the policy has to be updated to our new SSF policy link.
- The application must be completed and submitted by a staff member from a non-profit agency or church within Canada.
- A completed application form.
- A letter from the survivor requiring the funds describing the need, the reason for application, and how the fund will be used. The applicant is welcome to have assistance in composing the letter if needed. This letter can be 1-2 pages long and should explain the following:
- A brief history of the applicant’s story (no details required)
- Why the applicant needs funds, and what he or she is needing funds for specifically
- An explanation of how the fund will enable the applicant in his/her journey towards healing from sexual exploitation
- A brief description of what other avenues the applicant has pursued for financial assistance
- Why the applicant believes they are an appropriate candidate to receive this fund
- An explanation of the accountability the individual will hold themselves to should they receive the fund
- Anything else the individual feels is pertinent to their application for funding
No late or incomplete applications will be accepted.
Decisions regarding the awarding of funds will be made mid-Nov 2020 and funds will be dispersed no later than Dec 1, 2020. For all successful applicants, a Follow-Up Questionnaire must be completed and returned to Defend Dignity by Jan 31, 2021
Please send any questions or concerns by email to the Survivor Support Fund Coordinator.