Defend Dignity acts as a catalyst for individuals and churches to end sexual exploitation in Canada. Commercial sexual exploitation includes: pornography, strip clubs, escorts, massage parlors and prostitution. All involve the selling of sexual services, which undermine the dignity of women, men and children and are detrimental to a healthy society.
We can use all kinds of skills in this effort to end sexual exploitation.
An important focus of Defend Dignity is advocacy for law and policy reform on the issue of sexual exploitation. We invite you to consider ways you can make a difference through engaging with elected officials and companies & organizations.
Ways to Get Involved:
- Advocacy Handbook
- Read our Press Releases
- Watch this video on the Human Rights and Justice Committee
- Write a letter to your MP to encourage full support of PCEPA (Protection of Communities and Exploited Persons Act) – Find your MP
- Write a letter to your MP regarding the harms of pornography and the need for a government response – Find your MP
- Write a letter to the Justice Minister to encourage full support of PCEPA (Protection of Communities and Exploited Persons Act)
- Write a letter to the Justice Minister asking her to remove Backpage.com because of its link to human trafficking
- Send an email through the Choose Change website to 5 Canadian companies asking them to reduce the ease of access to sexually violent online images
Survivors Support Fund
The Defend Dignity Survivor Support Fund was created to provide accessible financial support to individuals who have experienced sexual exploitation in Canada in any form, such as prostitution, sex trafficking, escorting, working in massage parlours and/or strip clubs, survival sex, and/or involvement in pornography.
Survivor Fund is now closed for spring intake. Thank you for applying. The Fall intake opens on October 1, 2017